Friday, December 10, 2010

What's next Lord?

We survived the scream-fest. There was screaming, but thankfully, rarely in unison. I'm feeling about half-way recovered. I tried to talk myself in going to the gym today but I didn't want to be the gross hacking, snotty person on the treadmill. So, lots of catching up next week I suppose?


I let the kids have some good messy fun. Hubby couldn't believe I would let them do that. It was a good sensory experience.

So back to the title. "What's next, Lord?" Ha. Haha. I actually ask myself this, surrounded in the chaos and calamity of life with three little people. I'm a full blown glutton for punishment.

We know foster care is definitely on hold for a while. Mommy is not capable of any more booty-wiping at this point.

Yet, I keep getting overloaded with emails and questions about foster care and adoption on facebook, in Target, and with acquaintances. I'm beginning to think that maybe, for the season, I need to be a resource to those who are actively fostering or wanting to foster.

I'm excited to be attending this for inspiration (and relaxation) in February:

Idea Camp- Orphan Care

Those who know me well, know I don't sit and wait for anything well.

But life is full with all those small things: everyone needing meals and clean clothes and attention every day, multiple times a day. To add to it, we will soon be adding to the equation the mandate that Eldest must be educated in some form or fashion next year.

So, there is PLENTY. Though, I'm sure God has something brewing. I'm working to wait patiently while I'm wading in dirty socks.

On some random side note, some things I am LOVING right now:

Ester Havens - This is my single, creative self in some other life. I just can't convince Jake to become a gypsy with me. What gives?

147 Million Orphans- Beautiful gear! Beautiful organization! The founders daughter, Josie Love, is so stinking cute!

GLA Haiti- I've been a long time reader. I love Susan's posts as head nurse of the only NICU around that area of Haiti. We will be sending a crate of Jewel's medical equipment in the new year to them!

Adullam Youth Outreach
- Dear friends of ours, great ministry!

Ok, toilet scrubbing and Christmas cards are calling my name. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an excellent resource for future foster families. I will need to pick your brain on this in the future myself. I am beginning to be reconciled with the idea of no more biological children. But I don't feel like God is done giving us children, even if it is for a short time.

When my husband is ready to consider it, I will be calling you!